Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve Setlist - 12.24.10


This is a special Christmas Eve episode of Sunday Setlists, even though it was a Friday night. Here is our setlist for Christmas Eve, December 24th.

- Joy to the World (Unspeakable Joy) by Chris Tomlin
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- Welcome & Prayer
- Scripture Reading: Luke 2.1-14
- Away in a Manger
- The First Noel by Phil Wickham
- Advent Reading & Candle Lighting
- O Holy Night
- Quiet Time of Reflection
- You're Here by Francesca Battistelli
- Message
- Scripture Reading: Matthew 2.1-12
- Hark the Herald Angels Sing
- Lighting of Candles
- Light of the World by Chris Tomlin
- Silent Night by Matt Maher

I chose to include the whole entire service instead of just the songs that we used. I know that often worship leaders are always looking for what songs people are using (traditional or contemporary) but also how they're putting them together in the context of a Christmas Eve service. So hopefully this will serve as a good reference for whoever finds this post. The service went great! Pretty much all the songs were congregational, except for You're Here and Light of the World. One of my worship team members told me that she had gotten You're Here and wanted to do it sometime during the Christmas season. I'd almost forgotten about it, but luckily I was reminded of it, and it fit perfectly with Christmas Eve and she did a fantastic job. I accompanied her on guitar and it was a lot of fun to learn how to play it. Definitely stretched my guitar playing. I threw Light of the World in the day before the service. I was looking for something to do while the candlelight was being passed and before singing Silent Night. I had been listening to Chris Tomlin's Christmas CD, Glory in the Highest: Christmas Songs of Worship, and when I came across that song, I figured it would be a perfect fit as a response to the light of the world coming from heaven to earth and then ultimately into our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. Ryan,

    Thanks for sharing this in it's complete form. It is very helpful to see the entire worship flow. I will work on doing something similar.

    We used "You're Here" as well and it was a perfect reflective piece that set the tone of our message for the evening.


    God's blessings to you - Terry

    ReplyDelete