Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Setlist - 05.22.11


Week #148 of Sunday Setlists. Here is our setlist for Sunday, May 22nd.

- O Worship the King by Chris Tomlin
- Blessings by Laura Story (special music)
- Glory to God Forever by Steve Fee
- Hear Our Praises by Reuben Morgan
- Shine Jesus Shine by Graham Kendrick

Well, I thought this was going to turn into a very interesting weekend, but it ended up being just fine. I was away all day Saturday and when I returned home I had a voicemail and text from my pastor saying that he might not be at church in the morning because he pulled both his hamstrings. The back-up plan was to make the service a prayer/praise service. Slight panic as I only had four songs chosen. Also a couple of those songs were picked to fit the message. The only option I felt I had was to get to the church early this morning and prepare an alternate setlist in case our pastor couldn't be there. Typically on a Sunday morning I don't get there until about 8:30, but this morning I was there just after 7:00. I knew the songs would have to be ones that were fairly familiar as we wouldn't have rehearsed any of them and probably wouldn't have time to run through all of them before the service. I was able to put a setlist together and was just about ready to print off everything when I received a text from my pastor saying that he would be at church for the service. It made for an early morning and some extra work, but I felt it was what I had to do to be prepared, and at the very least, I have a setlist all ready made up for some time in the future.

To check out what others are doing in their services and learn more about what Sunday Setlists is all about, check out TheWorshipCommunity.com at http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-148/

No comments:

Post a Comment