Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kingdom Man by Tony Evans

This book, Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream by Tony Evans, couldn't have come at a more appropriate time in my life. Tony Evans writes this, "A cursory glance around our homes, churches, communities, and globe reveals that men--not all, but many--have missed the goal to live as a Kingdom Man." I have come to realize how much I've fallen short of what it means to be a Kingdom man. Evans defines a Kingdom man as "a man who positions himself and operates according to the comprehensive rule of God over every area of his life." For so long I have tried operate under my own power and it has severely affected a lot of my life. God created man and as a man, I am responsible. By God's grace and Tony Evans' faithfulness to call men to be Kingdom men, He is doing a work in me. I have heard God's call in my life to become a Kingdom man through the words written by Tony Evans. This book has the power to change mens lives as long as they will read it with an open mind and heart and a willingness to let God show areas where the reader can change and grow. It certainly has for me. There is so much pressure coming from the world and in how they define a man, but as Evans writes, "When you choose to seek God and His ways, you no longer have to be held hostage to the definitions of this world." I would highly encourage every man to read this book and be vulnerable enough to open your heart and let God come in and show you where you have fallen short. I also believe it would be helpful for women to read this book as well, especially those that are married, so that they can help encourage their husbands to become the man, Kingdom man, that God has for them.
"A kingdom man models himself after the greatest Kingdom Man of all."
Special thanks to Tyndale for providing this complimentary book to read and review. You can purchase the book here on amazon.com.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Evans has written another book "Kingdom Woman" with his daughter Chrystal Evans Hurst. They say they have written this book to “challenge women to look higher than where you are to whose you are, and to be transformed by the truth of being a Kingdom Woman.” The book encourages women to set their eyes on Christ and to pursue what God has created them to be. Free devotional downloads at kingdomwomanbook.com

    ReplyDelete