Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Monday, January 4, 2010

How to Reach Your Full Potential for God by Charles Stanley

As I closed this book after finishing it, I found myself glancing over the title once again on the cover. Originally I thought this book was going to be a kind of "how-to" manual and in a way it is. However as I thought about the title again, I found myself putting it in the form of a question. Then thinking about that question, the only answer I could come up with is God. I realize that may sound cliche, but it is also the ultimate answer. Then reflecting upon the content of this book, everything we do should be based upon Him and His Word.

One thing that I really liked about this book is that we are all different, which is the way that God made us, yet even though this book is in a way a "how-to" manual, it is applicable to every single one of us. Even though God is the basis of everything we do, I can't forget the question the Lord asked of Charles Stanley at the beginning of the book, "Do you want to reach your full potential?" We are still a part of achieving that full potential. Granted what we bring to achieving that, God has already given us, but it is the gifts that we have, the desires that we have, and the goals that we have that are still pointing us to that potential. Using all these in light of God is what makes it full. The seven essentials Charles Stanley works through in this book are exactly what is needed to keep God in the center of achieving our full potential:
Essential #1. A Clean Heart
Essential #2. A Clear Mind
Essential #3. Using Your Gifts
Essential #4. A Healthy Body
Essential #5. Right Relationships
Essential #6. A Balanced Schedule
Essential #7. Taking God Approved Risks
Another thing I appreciate in this book is how he backs up what he is saying with scripture and uses examples of people and what they're going through and have learned to help illustrate again what he is talking about. God is the key in reaching our full potential. It begins and ends with Him and this book is a fantastic reminder of that.

Special thanks to Thomas Nelson and the Book Review Bloggers program for providing this complimentary book to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment