Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Setlist - 01.03.10


Week #76 and the first of 2010 of Sunday Setlists. Here is our setlist for Sunday, January 3rd.

- Open the Eyes of My Heart
- Surrender
- Sanctuary
- Healer (communion)
- I Am Yours (Take My Life)

Starting January 1 our church began a journey of 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting. This morning our pastor brought a message on the basis of prayer and fasting. We also spent some time this morning as a church praying for different ministries, leadership, staff, elders, missionaries, and other things. It was a wonderful time this morning and a great way to start off the new year. The last couple months I've allowed some special music during our communion time. We don't normally have it because we just don't have time in our service, but the first Sunday of every month is communion, so I've started slotting special music during that time. This morning my lovely wife sang Healer. We had the band play behind her and I even sang some harmony. It was wonderful to be able to minister with her in this way. I feel so blessed to have a wife who loves and enjoys music and is a part of the music/worship ministry at Bethel! Unfortunately we went way over time wise this morning so we didn't get the chance to do "I Am Yours." I chose songs that are just prayers because of our message on prayer and fasting this morning and this is a fantastic rendition of the hymn "Take My Life and Let It Be" done by Michael Neale. A fantastic way to begin the year and this message by just telling God to take our lives, moments, hands, feet, voice, lips, will, and heart and to lift our voices in praise to Him saying:
I am Yours, set apart for You
I am Yours, hungry for Your truth
Take my life, You are all I live for
I am Yours
I pray that all of you who come across this post, whether a part of Sunday Setlists or not, had a great first Sunday of 2010! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

To check out what others are doing in their services and learn more about what Sunday Setlists is all about, check out TheWorshipCommunity.com at http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-76/

No comments:

Post a Comment