Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 31, 2010

YouVersion Reading Plans

YouVersion Reading Plans
Today I completed one month of my reading plan through YouVersion. This has been a fantastic tool for viewing scripture online and adding the reading plan option has been a great benefit. I don't know how many times I've tried to go through a reading plan, whether it be the one printed in the back of my Bible, another print resource, Daily Audio Bible, etc., and have never managed to make it very far. But because of YouVersion's use of technology it has made it much easier to read scripture and stay on track with my reading plan. Because of technology I have been able to access my reading plan from my BlackBerry, though it's sad to say that I pretty much always have my phone with me but not my Bible. But reagardless of that, if I don't have the time to get into the Word first thing in the morning at home, I can always access the Bible and my reading plan via my phone. I do have to say it's been a blessing and one time where the technology advances in this generation has been a great thing and many thanks to LifeChurch.tv for putting together YouVersion.

So far in one month I have read all or parts of Genesis, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Matthew, Mark, Acts and Romans. I have experienced the creation of the earth, the fall of humans because of sin, Noah and the ark, Abraham and Sarah finally having Isaac and Abraham following in faith as he prepares to offer Isaac as sacrifice, the birth of Jacob and Esau, Esau selling his birthright, Jacob stealing his father's blessing, the rebuilding of the temple, the rebuilding of the wall around the city of Jerusalem, Esther risks her life to help save her people, Jesus' life, ministry, death and resurrection in the first book of the Gospels, and the miraculous conversion of Saul the persecutor to become Paul the servant of the Gospel.

I look forward to all that God is going to do in my life and I continue to read His Word. My prayer is that I really get into the Word and not just view the reading plan as a check list to say I read the whole Bible this year. So far it has not been a check list and I thank God for that. If this sounds like something you might be interested you can check out the reading plans here or click on the badge on the right side of this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto, Ditto, Ditto! I've been served by the Bible in 90 days. It has been an increadibly journey through the OT...ha..never thought I'd say that! God has been so gracious to reveal HIS faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete