Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 Coming to a Close

Well tomorrow is the last day of 2009, the end of another century. What a year this has been. Some of the worst economical times we have ever seen, especially my generation, and the inauguration of our first African American president. This year also held our 2nd anniversary, 2 years working at Starbucks and 2 years on staff at Bethel Baptist Church. We have definitely seen God's hand at work in our lives. We have both been blessed with jobs that have held on during the economy, a wonderful church family and some great friends.

As I look ahead to 2010 there are some things I really want to happen in my own life. On the top of that list is my time in the Word learning and growing in my relationship with God. Unfortunately that wonderful Book stays in my bag, sits on the nightstand or the bookshelf most of the time and not open in my hands, heart and mind. I really want that to change this coming year. One way I'm hoping this will happen is from the team at LifeChurch.tv. They have come out with a wonderful resource, YouVersion. It's an online Bible community with all kinds of great tools to get in the Word. Not only can you get on it from the internet, you can also access YouVersion on your smartphone. Now that I have a BlackBerry, I've got the app on my phone and have used it numerous times. Now has is YouVersion going to help me stay in the Word on a daily basis? Brand new are YouVersion's Reading Plans. They have over 20 different plans and I've set up one and will be starting on January 1, 2010 and Lord willing I will finish December 31, 2010. This also syncs with the mobile app and is capable of tracking your progress. Check it out if you get a chance. LifeChurch.tv and YouVersion have some great tools.

I also want to continue reading more. I really started reading more the later part of this year and have really enjoyed it. I'm thankful for my wife signing me up to be a Book Review Blogger through Thomas Nelson. I've gotten the chance to read and review some great books. I look forward to more in the future. Plus I've just picked up more books in general. Some that I own, ones that my wife owns, others I've won and others that I've gone out and bought. Right now I've got a stack of about 10 books on my nightstand that I'm anxious to read. Gotta make it through the ones you see on the right side of the screen first. If anyone has some great books out there that they've read, leave me a comment with the title and author. Always on the lookout for some more books.

Well there's a quick look at my thoughts as we come upon the new year. I hope I can continue writing on this blog with more topics than Sunday Setlists and some book reviews. Still getting used to writing things down. I really want this blog to become a place where I can share what I've been learning and what God has been doing in my life and hopefully encourage you in your own life. Praying God's blessing on each and everyone one of you as we enter into 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment