• Yahweh-Jireh: The LORD will provide or see to it. (Gen. 22.14)Special thanks to The B & B Media Group, Inc. and David C. Cook for providing this complimentary book to read and review. You can purchase the book here on amazon.com.
• Yahweh-Rophe: The LORD who heals. (Ex. 15.26)
• Yahweh-Nissi: The LORD our banner. (Ex. 17.15)
• Yahweh-M'Kaddesh: The LORD who sanctifies. (Lev. 20.8)
• Yahweh-Shalom: The LORD our peace. (Judg. 6.24)
• Yahweh-Rohi: The LORD my shepherd. (Ps. 23.1)
• Yahweh-Sabaoth: The LORD of hosts. (Ps. 46.7)
• Yahweh-Tsidkenu: The LORD our righteousness. (Jer. 23.6)
• Yahweh-Shammah: The LORD is there. (Ezek. 48.35)
"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Jesus in the Present Tense by Warren Wiersbe
Warren Wiersbe has another fantastic book with Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ. This isn't just another book, this is an in-depth Bible study. Wiersbe using a wealth of scripture as he digs into these I AM statements. Now, that shouldn't be surprising as it is a study on scripture, but so many times, I've come across books that aren't backing up their statements with scripture, or at least not as much scripture as Wiersbe is in this book. This is a book in which while you're reading, you need to have your Bible right beside you the whole time. This books is really brought to a climax with the last chapter. This is where Wiersbe answers the "So what?" of the book. He says this in that chapter, "The Bible is an ancient book, yet it is always contemporary and helps us live in the present tense. The Holy Spirit reveals Jesus to us on its pages and gives us the truth we need for each day." As you go through this book, you quickly come to realize that the one who calls Himself I AM throughout the pages of the Bible, is still the I AM today, not the I WAS. That should bring great encouragement to all of us that call ourselves Christ followers. We can take courage that God and His names are just as active and powerful now as in Bible times. He still is...