Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tim Hughes | Love Shine Through

Tim Hughes is back with his fourth studio album, Love Shine Through. This comes after his previous studio album from 2007, Holding Nothing Back, and his latest live project from 2009, Happy Day. You will recognize Tim Hughes as the writer of many songs that are being sung in churches all over the world today; Here I Am to Worship, Beautiful One, Happy Day and Jesus Saves. This project included a lot of collaboration with other song writers and producers; Martin Smith and Stu G formerly of Delirious?, Phil Wickham, Ben Cantelon, Kim Walker-Smith of Jesus Culture, Michael Guy Chislet of Hillsong UNITED, and Nathan Nockels. I'm very familiar with Tim Hughes' songs that are used in church, but the only project of his that I own is the Live CD/DVD Happy Day. I was very excited to get the chance to listen to and review this project. With an artist like this, I tend to listen through the lens of what songs can be brought into the church and used effectively there. While I have no doubt that this project is truly an offering of worship to the Lord as it's full of lyrics being sung right to God; I'm counting on Your name, I'm trusting You're the way, how great is Your love, forever I will love You, You have won my heart and here I stand everything is Yours Lord, I believe there are a lot of parts of this album that is going to serve people in their personal worship time more than in the corporate worship settings in church. That is just as important though, as believe this album will be a huge blessing to a lot of people. The lyrics are fantastic and the vertical nature of this project is just what we need. I do think there are a few tracks that will find themselves in the corporate worship times of churches.

Jesus Saves: This one I know is already being used as it's not a brand new song. I do have to say that I like the version on his Happy Day (Live) project better. This version seems more subdued and I think the upbeat, fuller version better suits the song. Still a fantastic song though. Hope is here, shout the news to everyone, it's a new day peace has come; mercy triumphs at the cross, love has come to rescue us, Jesus saves.

Counting on Your Name: A great medium tempo song focusing on the Name that is above all other names. My name is written on Your hands, You've called me Your own; now I am Yours, no earthly power could tear us apart; I'm counting on Your name, counting on Your name to save me.

At Your Name: A fantastic song that was written with Phil Wickham, who is a great song writer and is also writing great songs for the church. This one is no different. It's a great response singing about the greatness of our Lord. I see the church lifting their voices together in praise as the bridge rings out in a tremendous moment of worship. There is no one like our God, we will praise You, praise You; there is no one like our God, we will sing, we will sing; There is no one like our God, we will praise You, praise You; Jesus is our God, we will sing.

All Glory: If you have a worship choir helping lead services, this is a song to add to the repertoire. A song focusing on the love of God during the verses, but what really got me is when the choir comes in singing the bridge, exalting the Lord to his rightful place. I also love the depth of the last line, even if it is only three words. Lift Him higher, He is mighty; lift Him higher, He is God!

Special thanks to The B & B Media Group, Inc., David C. Cook and Kingsway for providing this complimentary pre-release album to listen to and review. You can download the album here on iTunes (deluxe edition) or amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment