Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The God I Never Knew by Robert Morris

Pastor Robert Morris just released his new book, The God I Never Knew: How Real Friendship with the Holy Spirit Can Change Your Life. This is a book I was really excited to read. Morris writes this on the back cover; "To many people the Holy Spirit is mysterious, confounding, and ever controversial. Why is the third person in the Godhead-the one whom Jesus said would be the believer's ultimate source of truth and unending comfort-the source of so much confusion?" I have often wondered myself what the Holy Spirit's role is in my spiritual journey. Through the process of reading this book though, I became less and less excited to continue reading. I feel that this book was broken into two sections. The first section regarding the truth of the Holy Spirit and what He promises to do in your life; dwell with you, be your helper, guide you into all truth, comfort you, pray for you, show you things to come, and never leave you. Morris helps us understand that view of the Holy Spirit should be about a relationship. However, moving into the second part of the book I feel as if it's more about defending a view then showing us the Holy Spirit. It feels as if I'm being forced to believe a certain view than discover what this relationship is all about. Instead of finishing the book feeling like I now know someone I didn't know very well before, I'm left with a lot of questions and not sure what I believe.

Special thanks to WaterBrook Multnomah and Blogging for Books for providing this complimentary book to read and review. You can purchase the book here on amazon.com.

If you found this review helpful, would you go to the review on Blogging for Books and rate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment