Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rise Up & Sing by Lex Buckley

Rise Up & Sing by Lex Buckley is a great book and a fantastic resource for worship leaders. Originally I wasn't going to read this book because the subtitle is Equipping the Female Worship Leader. However I ended up deciding to read it because as a worship leader myself, I want to have the kind of ministry where I can help build up other worship leaders and I realized that that may include female worship leaders, and I hope it does. I'm very glad I decided to read this book. Even more than Lex wanting to have a resource available for equipping female worship leaders, this is a great book for worship leaders in general. She does a great job of outlining the different facets of this position and what to expect in music ministry. She also has Beth Redman, Christy Nockels and Kathryn Scott share their expertise and experience as well. Overall I believe and hope that through this book and Lex's sharing that there will be a greater movement in the church today of allowing females the opportunity to lead in worship. Having read this book, I would encourage all worship leaders and pastors, male or female, to read it. At the very least for those of us that are males, we not have a resource to help us in understanding how to encourage and build up those females that are wanting to lead our churches in worship.

Special thanks to The B & B Media Group, Inc. and David C. Cook for providing this complimentary book to read and review. You can purchase the book here on amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment