Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Friday, August 20, 2010

Hillsong Live | A Beautiful Exchange

Hillsong Live has given us another fantastic worship album with A Beautiful Exchange. This album holds a collection of songs that come straight from the heart of a body of believers that are seeking hard after God. After listening to the album, these aren't just words put to music, these are prayers that are set to music and offered as worship to a Holy God, a God of love, a God who saves. These are all songs that are set in a vertical setting, they're being sung to God, not about God. I think these are exactly the type of songs the church needs. We have so many songs that are in the context of singing about God, we need songs that are sung to Him. These are songs that I believe the church can connect with.

Our God Is Love: An upbeat song, and as the opening track on the CD this would also be a great song as an opening of a service as a call to worship. Every soul every beating heart, every nation and every tongue. Come find hope in the love of the Father. All creation will bow as one. Lift their eyes, see the risen Son, Jesus, Saviour forever and after.

Open My Eyes: Another upbeat song with a lot of energy and the musical arrangement is great. I like this song because there is already an understanding by the believer on the greatness of God, but there is also a longing to continue to learn more. So open my eyes oh God, open my eyes to see all the wonders and the power of Your name. By Your grace I’ll live, by Your grace I’ll see, for my life and my salvation is in You.

Forever Reign: I believe this is an anthem that the church at large can really grab hold of. It's a little slower with a melody that is easy to catch on to. In times of such uncertainty, when we feel like there's nothing left, we have a God who loves us and has outstretched His arms for us to run into, a picture of the cross and salvation. I’m running to Your arms, I’m running to Your arms, the riches of Your love will always be enough. Nothing compares to Your embrace. Light of the world forever reign.

You can purchase the CD here on amazon.com or download it here on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment