Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Jesus Culture | Come Away

Come Away by Jesus Culture is my first real exposure to them and it is a fantastic recording. I first heard of them when I came across a video of How He Loves (John Mark McMillan) done by Kim Walker-Smith. I love their sound and their style of worship. It reminds me a lot of Hillsong and Gateway. I'm always on the lookout for new music and I'm glad I came across this CD. I'm very much interested in their music and would love to get more of it. I love that this album is a live recording. Studio albums are great, but when it comes to a time of worship, you still get the sense of God moving mightily coming through the recording. Even just listening to this recording, I'm drawn into worship. The band is amazing and the vocals are equally as great, just soaring over everything. I love the space they leave and just hearing the congregation lifting up shouts of praise. The majority of these songs are vertical in nature. They're singing to God, not just about Him.

You Are My Passion: I believe this will be a great song for the church to grab a hold of. It is well suited for congregational use. I could see my church using it. The lyrics are wonderful, singing straight to God and ascribing His attributes. We are called to give Him praise and that's exactly what this song is doing. I'm alive to bring glory to You, King. God of glory, You are my passion. My strength in life is I am Yours. My soul delights because I am Yours.

Let It Rain: I'm always captivated by a song with these simple lyrics, yet such a deep and intimate meaning. Let it rain, let it rain, open the floodgates of heaven. A song of calling out to God to let His love pour forth. Not just in a trickle, but a flood. This song may not work for every church, but I think in the right context and at the right moment, it could have a tremendous impact.

One Thing Remains: I believe this is a song the current times we're in. We are living in a world that isn't stable. A lot of people are hurting; physically, financially, spiritually, etc. Here we have a song that's crying out no matter what else happens in this life, there is one thing that remains, the love of a Holy God. For it overwhelms and satisfies my soul. And I never ever have to be afraid. 'Cause one thing remains. Your love never fails, it never gives it, it never runs out on me.

You can purchase the CD here on amazon.com when it releases on November 23rd.

widecomeaway

No comments:

Post a Comment