Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tender Warrior by Stu Weber

I bought this book when Mary and I attended FamilyLife's Weekend to Remember marriage conference back in 2008. We received admission to the conference as a wedding gift and what a great conference it was. So nice to get away for the weekend and spend some good quality time with my lovely wife. I wanted to come away from that conference with some material/books that I would be able to read and really come away with something. That definitely came with this book...just wish I had read it sooner. Stu Weber really get to the heart of man and really Who we should be modeling as men. He also talks about how we are supposed to be devoted husbands and loving fathers. I think most men feel like we have to be the strong one, the warrior, but at the same time we have to learn how to be sensitive to our wives, learn how to speak the language of women, be loving and approachable to our kids, and that is the tenderness in the midst of the warrior. This book is Biblically sound as well. Stu Weber is able to weave in scripture as he makes his point. Which ties in that Weber says we as men need to have a vibrant, growing relationship with our God and King. We need to be growing in our knowledge and personal relationship with God. We also need to be continuing to learn and stay in His Word. The Bible and how it portrays our heavenly Father and His relationship with His Son Jesus are the examples that are set for us to follow as men, husbands and earthly fathers.

There are a lot of discussion questions following each chapter and I hope to in the near future go through those questions. I have now been married just over two years and I'm definitely still learning (I'm sure I'll be learning the rest of my life) what it is to be a good husband. Eventually when we have a family, I really want to be a Godly example and father to my kids. I want them to grow up knowing who God is and how much He loves them, for them to believe in Him and grow in their own personal relationship with God. But it all starts with me, who I am as a man, husband, father (not yet though) and how I'm growing in relationship with my heavenly Father as the ultimate example.

No comments:

Post a Comment