Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Setlist - 09.27.09


Week #62 of Sunday Setlists. Here is our setlist for Sunday, September 27th.

- Open the Eyes of My Heart
- I Am Yours (Take My Life)
- Your Name
- How Great Is Our God

This morning we ended our series "Summer in the Psalms" with Psalm 110. What a wonderful way to end our time as far as a Sunday morning sermon series goes by looking ahead to the life of Christ. We looked at five aspects of Christ in this Psalm. Our Pastor shared these with us; Jesus Christ is announced as:

1) God [we have been created w a purpose to fulfill]
2) King [we have a leader to follow and a kingdom lifestyle to live]
3) Priest [we have forgiveness and immediate access to the Father]
4) Judge [we've been pronounced not guilty]
5) Warrior [we must remember how the story ends, looking ahead to the book of Revelation]

I have enjoyed our time in the Psalms and being a musician I have always enjoyed my personal time in the Psalms. The honesty of the psalmists in prayer, praise, worship and crying out to God for cleansing, renewal and forgiveness has been inspiring on multiple occasions. As I was eating breakfast this morning, I was once again reading the Psalms and I was in Psalm 145. So to end this edition of Sunday Setlists, I leave you with this verse from Psalm 145. In verses 1 and 3a David says this, "I will extol [praise] you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised."

To check out what others are doing in their services and learn more about what Sunday Setlists is all about, check out Fred McKinnon's blog at http://www.fredmckinnon.com/myblog/2009/09/27/sunday-setlists-62/

No comments:

Post a Comment