Day 2 began with some devotional time with Fred McKinnon. Fred is the founder of TheWorshipCommunity.com. A great time with him and a great way to kick off the day.
Our second general session was kicked off with some worship by Ben Abu Saada, who is the Worship Pastor at Grace Church and co-host of the All About Worship podcast. It was great to be led by one of the guys who helped put together the retreat. Then Dwayne Moore brought us a message on hitting the target in our daily worship:
• Align with God's Word.We ended being led in worship by Jared Anderson, who is one of the worship pastors at New Life Church in Colorado Springs and a part of Desperation Band.
• Discipline our thoughts by policing them, prioritize them, seize them if we need to & standardizing them.
• Rely of the Spirit.
• Surrender completely.
We also had two breakout sessions during the day. The first one I attended was with Jared Anderson and the second one was with Tommy Walker. Tommy's session was fantastic as it was 7 Keys to Preventing Burnout:
• Authentically worship God.Some great stuff in both sessions and definitely things to think through and implement.
• Believe that God is at work.
• Be a God-pleaser, not a man-pleaser.
• Know how to speak the truth in love.
• Stay creative in what you do and how you do it.
• Raise up leaders around you.
• Pace yourself and don't bite off more than you can chew.
Our third general session began with worship led by Mike Kim, who is the worship pastor at Church of the Living God in Manchester, CT. Dwayne Moore brought another message and this was on Developing Ministers Through Music (this is covered in his book Pure Praise):
• We need to exemplify it through passion, calling, discipline, integrity & serving.Tommy Walker closed our time by leading us in worship.
• We need to examine those around us by planning to be around them away from rehearsal.
• We need to exhort those around us by encouraging them and teaching them.
There also some more great connection time over meals. I had lunch at Red Robin with three other guys. Great food and great conversations. Dinner again was brought in, this time by Zio's Italian Kitchen, so we could all eat together. Another great opportunity to connect with some more people.
The highlight of Day 2 was an Acoustic Night of Worship with Darrell Evans, Jared Anderson, Tommy Walker and Michael Farren. What a wonderful evening worshipping with the retreat folk, about 600 other people as they opened the NOW to the public and also with all those watching online. It was great to see these guys' heart for worship come out as they led all of us to the throne. It was a fantastic evening and a great way to end another great day at the worship retreat. All glory to God!