Pages

"Worship is man's full reason for existence. Worship is why we are born and why we are born again." A.W. Tozer

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Plan B by Pete Wilson

Pete Wilson's new book "Plan B" is a fantastic book written by a guy who has a heart for the body of Christ and who has walked with lots of people as they go through their Plan Bs. Pete is a pastor and I know a lot of thought has gone into this book and a couple sermon series done on this topic, but I felt as if I was sitting under his teaching on a Sunday morning.

I also felt as if he was writing this book directly for me on many occasions. I haven't gone through a huge tragedy like some of the people he uses as examples in this book, however I feel as if my Plan A has not come about and I am now in a Plan B. I graduated from college 3 years ago expecting to find a full-time job as a worship pastor and being able to support my wife and I financially as we started our new life together. However, as I walked across the stage to receive my diploma, I had no job waiting, but my wife did and her full-time job would be providing for us financially. Now, three years later, I have had 3 part-time jobs. I praise God though that one of those is on staff part-time as a worship leader, so God has allowed me to do what I love.

I believe Pete has written a practical tool in these uncertain times where I'm sure many people are finding themselves in Plan Bs in one way or another. I love what he writes here,
"Time and time again in your life you're going to feel as if God isn't showing up. You're going to feel as if God isn't healing, He isn't restoring, He isn't releasing His mighty power. These moments are crucial moments in your relationship with Him. These moments are crucial because God is trying to get you to the place where you can't handle things on your own, where you are willing to surrender your plans in order to receive His. He's trying to mature your faith."
We have to come to a place where we are willing to trust God that He has a bigger plan for us and that plan may not be what we thought it would be. This book can help you get to that place, but you also need to be abiding in God and His word. I leave you with the chorus to Safe, a new song by Phil Wickham that I think has a great message to compliment this book,

You will be safe in His arms
You will be safe in His arms
'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart
This is the promise He made
He will be with You always
When everything is falling apart
You will be safe in His arms

Special thanks to Thomas Nelson and BookSneeze for providing this complimentary book to read and review.

1 comment:

  1. Many have turned to plan "B" these days. I believe that many plan B's are God's plan for us, whether it be to grow more or learn new things. The key is to trust God in everything. ( He is our provider!)
    In Christ,
    Jon

    ReplyDelete